Monday, December 11, 2017

Blog neglect

I have been severely neglecting this blog....I could say it's because we don't have m much going on, but in reality, it's because I've been so busy!  I have about 20 hours of class scheduled per week, plus all the class prep.  I am prepping for an English course that I am going to teach at Church starting in January too....that'll have upwards of 50 people in it!  The Institute year just ended...we had graduation on Saturday.  So now I am starting preparations for next year!

Tenho neglicenciado severamente esse blog....eu poderia dizer que é porque não temos muito acontecendo, mas na realidade, é porque tenho ficado tão ocupada!  Tenho 20 horas de aula marcada por semana, além das preparações para aula.   Estou também me preparando para um curso de inglês que ensinarei na Igreja, começando em janeiro...esse curso terá mais ou menos 50 pessoas.  O ano do Instituto acabou de terminar....tivemos a formatura no sábado.  Agora estou começando a preparar o ano que vem já!

I am getting things ready for Christmas too.  I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping...but now I need to get sewing.  I cut out a dress for myself last night and have the challenge of putting that together without the crutch of my Mom to help me.  That will be a good challenge for me.  I am also making a book for Little L., so I've got that all on paper...now I just need to get it on the fabric!  Because I've got it all drawn out, though, it shouldn't be TOOOO hard to make!

Estou preparando para Natal, também.  Tenho quase terminado as compras para Natal....mas agora preciso costurar!  Já cortei o tecido para um vestido para mim, e agora tenho o desafio de fazer esse vestido sozinha, sem a ajuda de minha mãe!  Mas vai ser um desafio bom para mim.  Também estou fazendo um livro para Little L., que já planejei no papel.  Agora preciso fazer com o tecido!  Mas não deve ser muuuuiiiiito difícil, já que tenho tudo no papel!

While I am writing this, Little L. is playing with my sewing fun stuff....ribbons, beads, buttons, velcro, etc.  It keeps her entertained, and she has actually learned a lot that way!

Enquanto escrevo isso, Little L. está brincando com as minhas coisas de costurar....zippers, botões, velcro, fitas, etc.  Ela fica viajando assim, e na verdade tem aprendido muito brincando só com essas coisas!

Speaking of Little L. and learning, she has been making HUGE strides lately....every day I am amazed at how much she knows.  She knows all the colors in English and several in Portuguese; she counts to ten in both English and Portuguese, and she is putting together entire sentences, which just amazes me.  Her grasp of language is incredible; she understands pronouns and uses them correctly, and even articles!  For example, the other day out of nowhere, she saw a picture of a baby and said "I see the baby!"  I just stared at her, dumbfounded.  She is growing taller and taller every day, too.  I just can't believe how fast time is going by!

Falando de Little L. e o aprendizado dela, ela tem aprendido MUITO ultimamente.  Todo dia fico surpresa com o quanto ela sabe.  Ela sabe todas as cores em inglês e várias em português; ela conta até 10 em inglês e português, e está juntando frases inteiras.  Ela entende bem os idiomas; entende pronomes e usa-os corretamente, e até artigos.  Por exemplo, um dia dessa semana ela viu uma foto de um bebê, e do nada disse "I see the baby!" (Eu vejo o bebê!)  Eu só olhei para ela, nem acreditando.  Ela está crescendo mais a cada dia também.  Só não acredito o quanto o tempo está voando. 

Lately I've been making and selling a bunch of sweets, too.  It has been a huge blessing in our lives.  So I really have been super busy, but it's good!  I promise that next time I write, it will be more interesting for you all to read.  I just didn't want to keep going forever without at least writing something on here.  See ya next time!

Ultimamente tenho feito e vendido vários doces.  Tem sido uma bênção enorme em nossa vida.  Então realmente estou andando bem ocupada, mas é bom!  Prometo que a próxima vez que escrever aqui, vai ser mais interessante!  Só não queria deixar mais tempo passar sem nada aqui.  Até mais, gente!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this! I wish I could visit you, and play with Little L, and eat some of your cookies! Oh, and maybe come to some of your language lessons, so I could learn Portuguese! Keep writing (when you can). It's lovely being a little bird on your shoulder for just a little bit, and seeing your life!

    ReplyDelete