Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving is tomorrow!

If I'm being perfectly honest with you and with myself, I am more excited about this year's Thanksgiving than I have been in a long time.  I get to share it with family and friends.  As I write this, I should be starting on the pies, but I am sitting here listening to Vocal Point Christmas music and writing instead.  I am so excited I am giddy!  And I am making everything myself, from scratch....turkey, gravy, glazed and non-glazed carrots, pumpkin, mashed potatoes, apple pie, chocolate pie, and rolls.  And possibly green bean casserole if I can find green beans today....

It's a lot of work!  But I'm up for it.  I have several students and their friends coming.  We are going to shove a few tables together to make a big table, have some great Christmas music on in the background, and talk about what we are grateful for.  I am excited to share this USA tradition with some of my Brazilian friends.  Husband suggested setting up the Christmas tree for it too.  I used to be fundamentally against the Christmas tree going up until after Thanksgiving, but he had a good point...bring in the Christmas Spirit a little early, and get us all geared up for the holidays here.  I guess if I can't have snow, I should be able to get the tree up early. :)

Anyway, as always, I will post photos after Thanksgiving.  I just wanted to write a little something today.  And now I need to get to peeling and slicing apples.....



Se estou sendo honesta comigo mesma e com vocês, estou mais animada para Ação de Graças (Thanksgiving) esse ano do que tenho ficado há muito tempo!  Vou poder compartilhar esse dia com família e amigos.  Enquanto escrevo isso, eu deveria estar fazendo as tortas, mas estou sentada aqui escutando música de Natal de Vocal Point e escrevendo.  Eu estou tão animada!  Vou fazer tudo sozinha....peru, molho, cenouras, abóbora, puré de batata, torta de maçã, torta de chocolate, e pãezinhos.  E talvez algumas outras verduras se eu consigo achar....

É muito trabalho!  Mas vamos lá.  Tenho alguns alunos e seus amigos vindo.  Vamos juntar algumas mesas para criar uma grande mesa, ter música de Natal tocando no fundo, e falar sobre o que somos gratos.  Estou animada para compartilhar essa tradição dos EUA com alguns dos meus amigos brasileiros.  Husband sugeriu montar a árvore de Natal também.  Antigamente eu não concordava em montar a árvore de Natal até depois de Thanksgiving, mas ele tem razão....trazer o espírito de Natal cedo.  Se não posso ter neve, posso ter a árvore um pouco cedo, né? :)

Como sempre, postarei as fotos depois de Thanksgiving.  Só queria escrever um pouco hoje.  E agora preciso ir descascar e cortar maçãs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment