Thursday, September 21, 2017

"You, my friend, are worth saving."

So Husband is out, and Little L. is asleep, and I finished teaching earlier than I expected today....  So I wanted to sit down and write something on here.  I have a few posts started already (this is not one of them!), but those all require a bit of time and energy to finish, neither of which I have at the moment. But I still wanted to write something.

Then I got on facebook (who knows why...), and I saw a post from a good friend of mine, that I wanted to share, because it needs sharing.  More people need to read what I read tonight, because it can make a difference. I have known people all my life who have, at one point or another, struggled with depression.  Some who have thought about, attempted, or even committed suicide.  This is a real illness; not just something that people do to draw attention to themselves.  This is a subject I will come back to in the future for sure.

Tonight I am sharing Carli Hebel's post, because I cannot adequately put into words what she expressed:

"The morning this picture was taken, the sunrise was cold and slow. The colors in the sky, though, were warm and appealing. It's interesting to be able to see loveliness around you and feel so cold when you think you should be feeling warmth. 
When this happens to your emotions, it's not so much "interesting" as it is hellish. And I say hell-ish, not hell, because hell is a permanent thing, and hellish isn't. Keep that in mind.
I've worked in suicide prevention because I've felt depression, because I've contemplated what it would be like for me to not be here. And beyond everything else, I've felt cold when everything around me seemed to be so lovely. And that's lonely. And miserable.
And to you who may feel like this, feel a little hellish, please pause. Just one moment. Sit with me. I promise to sit with you in the cold. I promise this for two reasons. 1. I love you. 2. I know the cold doesn't last forever. The lovely colors can be yours again, inside. Dig in your heels, let out a war cry, let out a cry, cling to whatever good thing you see. I promise you it's worth it.
It's worth holding on. It's worth trying again. But what is "it"? Pain. Ache. Sorrow. Tears. The repetition of the word "hope" when you feel nothing. The "I'll give it one more day." The "sorrys." The breaths you take, even when they hurt. The "maybe tomorrow." The "help me." The prayers. The writhing. The writing. That's what's worth doing. 
Why is it worth doing? Because hellish doesn't last. All that is worth doing because you are more than the darkness. You are light, even when you don't feel it. It's strange, but just trust me. You are light even when others' words can't get through. You are light even when you feel like you're drowning. You are worth saving. 
So sit for a minute, and I'll sit with you if you like. And take a breath. Or five. Or a million. Tell yourself that you are worth saving. Just say it over and over again. Say it until you don't feel as suffocated by darkness. Say it until the feelings of sorrow aren't as intense. Say it until you believe it.
You, my friend, are worth saving."

Carli has a blog, which I will post a link to later when she gets the link to me ;)

I hope that maybe this post has helped someone, or that you can share it with someone who may need or want to hear it right now.  



Husband saiu, e Little L. está dormindo, e eu terminei minhas aulas hoje mais cedo que eu esperava...então eu queria sentar e escrever algo aqui no blog.  Tenho várias posts que já comecei (essa não é uma!), mas todas exigem tempo e energia para terminar, que não tenho agora.  Mas ainda queria escrever alguma coisa.

Eu abri Facebook (não sei por que...), e vi uma post de uma amiga minha, que eu queria compartilhar, porque precisa ser compartilhada.  Mais pessoas precisam ler o que eu li hoje, porque pode fazer uma diferença.  Conheço pessoas minha vida toda que estão lutando com depressão, ou que já lutaram contra depressão.  Algumas que pensaram, tentaram, e até cometerem suicídio.  É uma doença real; não apenas algo que as pessoas fazem para chamar atenção.  É um assunto a qual voltarei no futuro.

Hoje estou compartilhando o que Carli Hebel escreveu, porque eu não consigo adequadamente expressar o que ela escreveu:

"No dia em que essa foto foi tirada, o nascer do sol foi frio e devagar.  As cores no céu, portanto, foram quentes e atraentes.  É interessante poder ver beleza em seu redor quando você se sente frio e quando você pensa que deveria estar sentindo quentura. 
Quando isso acontece com suas emoções, não é tão "interessante" como é infernizante.  Eu digo infernizante, não inferno, porque inferno é uma coisa permanente, e infernizante não é.  Lembre-se disso.
Eu trabalhei em prevenção a suicídio porque eu já senti depressão, porque eu contemplei como seria para eu não estar mais aqui.  E mais que tudo, já senti fria quando tudo em meu redor era encantador.  Isso é solitário.  E miserável.
E para você que possa estar sentindo assim, sentindo infernizante, por favor, pause.  Só um momento.  Sente comigo.  Prometo sentar com você no frio.  Prometo isso por dois motivos.  1. Eu te amo.  2. Eu sei que o frio não dura para sempre.  As cores encantadoras podem ser suas novamente.  Grite, chore, segure qualquer coisa boa que vê.  Prometo que vale a pena. 
Vale a pena segurar.  Vale a pena tentar de novo.  A dor.  A tristeza.  As lágrimas.  A repetição da palavra "esperança" quando você não sente nada.  As palavras "Dou mais um dia."  As vezes que pede desculpa.  A respiração, mesmo quando dói.  As palavras "talvez amanhã"; "Ajuda-me".  As orações.  Tudo vale a pena fazer.
Por que vale a pena?  Porque infernizante não dura.  Tudo isso vale a pena fazer porque você é mais que a escuridão.  Você é luz, mesmo quando não sente assim.  É estranho, mas confie em mim.  Você é luz mesmo quando as palavras de outras pessoas não fazem diferença.  Você é luz mesmo quando sente que está afogando.  Você vale a pena salvar.  
Então sente por um momento, e sentarei com você se quiser.  Respire.  Uma vez.  Cinco vezes.  Um milhão de vezes.  Diga para si mesmo que você vale a pena salvar.  Repita isso, vez após vez.  Repita até você não sentir tão sufocado pela escuridão.  Repita até os sentimentos de tristeza não estiverem tão intensos. Repita até acreditar.
Você, meu amigo, vale a pena salvar."

Carli tem um blog, que colocarei um link aqui quando ela passar para mim.

Espero que talvez essa post tenha ajudado alguém, ou que você possa compartilhar com alguém que esteja precisando ou querendo ouvir isso agora.




No comments:

Post a Comment