Thursday, October 19, 2017

4 Little Words

"I love you, Mommy."

Those 4 little words, from my favorite little person, have changed my life and the way I see the world.  I live to hear them.  They reassure me, they uplift me, they make any negative feelings disappear.

Little L. has been saying "I love you" for a few months now, repeating it when we ask her to.  For the last few weeks, she has been saying it on her own, and she has added the names of people after. (I love you Papai, I love you Mommy, I love you Oma, etc.)  When I am having a particularly rough day and feel like the worst mother in the history of mothers, out of nowhere she hugs me and says "I love you, Mommy", and it changes everything.  At night before bed, she says "I love you Mommy."  When I leave the house or she leaves with Husband, "I love you Mommy."  Randomly throughout the day, "I love you Mommy."

These four little words have taught me so much about
Love
Forgiveness
Family
Trying harder
Happiness
Perfection
Jesus Christ

And it makes me think...if Little L. can love me this easily and this purely, even with my SO MANY flaws, and she is a little human...how much more can the Lord love each one of us, even though He sees all our flaws?  He is a perfect Being, so He loves perfectly.  I understand in a whole new way now why Christ said to be like little children (Matthew 18:3; Mosiah 3:19; among other references).  If Little L. is an example of children as a whole group, they are quick to forgive and forget, and quick to love.  And their forgiveness and love are so pure...they don't keep digging up the past.  Little L. can be mad at me for a minute and then literally 10 seconds later she is laughing her head off, hugging me and saying "I love you, Mommy".

Life is not easy.  I am trying to keep this blog 100% honest about the ups and downs of life, even though some things are harder to open up about than others.  But I never want to paint a picture of a fictional world where every day is sunshine and rainbows, with my house in order and me perfectly calm and happy all the time.  That's just not my reality.  My reality is full of crying and laughing, a house that I clean but becomes messy again 10 minutes later, dirty dishes that always pile up no matter how often I wash them, the ongoing mountains of laundry, forever trying to come up with something new to cook (recipe ideas are always welcome!!!!), a to-do list that literally has "drink water" on it because otherwise I forget....etc.  My life seems like chaos sometimes.

But then Little L. says "I love you Mommy" and everything is okay.  Suddenly it doesn't matter how much I "have to do"....it can wait.  I need to just take the moment to love my Little L., just as she does.

Those 4 little words have changed me, and I am sure they will continue to change me forever now.  They make me want to be a better person, want to be the great mother she sees in me.  I know I can't change overnight, so I am working on that change over....well, over a lifetime.  But her encouraging "I love you Mommy", day after imperfect day, is what fuels me to keep at it.




"I love you Mommy."

Aquelas 4 pequenas palavras, de minha pessoinha preferida, têm mudado a minha vida e a minha visão do mundo.  Eu vivo para ouvir essas palavras.  Elas me apoiam, me elevam, e fazem quaisquer sentimentos negativos sumirem. 

Little L. está falando "I love you" por alguns meses já, repetindo quando pedimos.  Mas durante as últimas semanas, ela tem falado sozinha, e até acrescentado o nome das pessoas depois (I love you Papai, I love you Mommy, I love you Oma, etc.).  Quando estou tendo um dia difícil e sentindo como a pior mãe na história de mães, do nada ela me abraça e diz "I love you, Mommy", e isso muda tudo. À noite, antes de dormir, ela diz "I love you Mommy."  Quando saio da casa ou ela sai com Husband, "I love you Mommy."  Do nada ao longo do dia, "I love you Mommy."

Essa palavrinhas têm me ensinado tanto sobre
Amor
Perdão
Família
Não desistir
Felicidade
Perfeição
Jesus Cristo

E faz-me pensar....se Little L. consegue me amar com tanta facilidade e pureza, mesmo com minhas MUITAS falhas, e ela é uma pequena humana....quanto mais o Senhor pode amar cada um de nós, mesmo vendo todas as nossas falhas?  Ele é um Ser perfeito, então Ele nos ama perfeitamente.  Eu entendo de uma forma nova agora por que Cristo disse para sermos como criancinhas (Mateus 18:3; Mosias 3:19; entre outras escrituras).  Se Little L. é um exemplo de crianças como um grupo inteiro, elas são rápidas para perdoar e esquecer.  E seu perdão e amor são tão puros....elas não ficam olhando para o passado.  Little L. pode ficar brava comigo mas depois de 10 segundo ela está se acabando de rir, me abraçando e dizendo "I love you, Mommy".

A vida não é fácil.  Estou tentando manter esse blog 100% honesto sobre os altos e baixos da vida, mesmo que algumas coisas sejam mais difíceis de escrever que outras.  Mas eu nunca quero deixar entendido que minha vida é um mundo fictício, com todos os dias perfeitos e felizes, e a casa toda sempre em ordem, e eu sempre calma e feliz.  Essa não é minha realidade.  Minha realidade está cheia de choro e risada, uma casa que acabo de limpar e já está bagunçada novamente, louças sujas que nunca acabam apesar de eu estar sempre lavando, as montanhas de roupas para lavar sempre, sempre tentando ser criativa na cozinha e cozinhar algo novo no almoço (receitas são sempre bem-vindas!!!!), uma lista de coisas para fazer que literalmente tem "beber água" porque se não, eu esqueço....etc.  Minha vida às vezes parece caos. 

Mas aí vem Little L., dizendo "I love you Mommy" e tudo fica bem.  De repente, não importa o quanto "tenho que fazer"....tudo isso pode esperar.  Só preciso parar no momento para amar minha filha, como ela faz.

Aquelas pequenas palavras têm me mudado, e tenho certeza que continuarão a me mudar para sempre.  Elas me fazem querer ser uma pessoa melhor, querer ser a ótima mãe que ela enxerga em mim.  Sei que não posso mudar de um dia para outro, então estou me esforçando para mudar durante....bem, durante a vida toda.  Mas as palavras encorajadoras "I love you Mommy", dia após imperfeito dia, são o que me dá a força para continuar e não desistir.



1 comment:

  1. Sweet photo. I miss those days. I'm glad we still say "I love you" to each other even though you're all growed up!

    ReplyDelete