Monday, July 31, 2017

Crayons and Baby Wipes

As  I was sweeping my house this morning, I was thinking about how I should really sit down and write.  Then Little L. went and helped herself to a banana, which just melted my heart.  I can hardly believe she is at the age where she can do that….she went, took it off the bunch, peeled it, and is now munching away while humming and dancing through the house.  Oh, and unplugging my laptop.  Par for the course, I guess, as I am focused on writing at the moment!

One of her most recent escapades was writing on the wall.  My own fault, actually.  We have a wall where we record her height over time, and so in her little mind, it’s okay to write on the wall….at least on that part.  Last week, I was washing dishes, and Little L. was playing in the kitchen behind me, as she often does.  She likes taking all the placemats out of the drawer and setting them up like stepping stones throughout the house.  I have yet to figure out what she’s doing.  The only thing i can think of is that she figured out “The Floor is Lava” all on her own….

Anyway, suddenly all was quiet.  And then I heard some scratching noise.  Afraid she had somehow gotten ahold of a knife, I went after her, and found her writing away on the height wall.  It was blue.  It was orange.  It was green.  It was gray.  It was yellow.  And then I noticed another beautiful blank wall (read: canvas) had been decorated with orange.

How could I scold her when I was the one who wrote first on the wall??  That’s when she got her lesson in erasing and scrubbing.  But just water wouldn’t get the crayon off.  That’s when my Mom sent me this link…

The baby wipes worked, but then they also starting taking the paint off.  We did end up getting most of it off, but there is still one decorative orange line on the no-longer-blank canvas!


Enquanto eu estava varrendo a casa essa manhã, eu estava pensando em como eu devia sentar e escrever.  Então Little L. foi e pegou uma banana, sozinha, que me derreteu o coração.  Eu nem acredito que ela já tem idade para fazer isso...ela foi, tirou a banana, descascou-a, e agora está comendo enquanto cantando e dançando pela casa.  E também tirando meu notebook da tomada....  Faz parte, como estou focada aqui em escrever, e não nela!

Uma de suas artes mais recentes foi escrever na parede.  Culpa minha, na verdade.  Nós temos uma parte da parede onde registramos sua altura ao longo do tempo, então na cabecinha dela, pode sim escrever na parede...pelo menos, naquela parte.  Semana passada, eu estava lavando louças e Little L. estava brincando atrás de mim na cozinha, como ela costuma fazer.  Ela gosta de tirar o jogo americano da gaveta e espalhar pela casa, como se fossem pedras para pisar.  Eu ainda não entendi bem o que ela está fazendo.  A única coisa que penso é que ela já descobriu sozinha a brincadeirinha "O Chão é Lava"...

De repente, tudo estava quieto.  E então escutei um barulho de algo arranhando.  Com medo de que ela, de alguma maneira, tivesse pegado uma faca, eu fui atrás dela, e achei-a escrevendo, feliz, na parede da altura.  Estava azul.  Estava laranja.  Estava verde.  Estava cinza.  Estava amarela.  Então eu percebi que mais uma parede branca (leia: tela de pintura) tinha sido decorada de laranja. 

Como eu poderia reclamar com ela, se fui eu que primeiro escrevi na parede?  Foi então que ela teve sua primeira lição em apagar com borracha e esfregar a parede.  Mas água sozinha não tirava a crayon.  E aí minha mãe me mandou esse link...

http://tipnut.com/21-crayon-busters-how-to-remove-crayon-from-walls/

Os lenços umedecidos funcionaram, mas também começaram a tirar a tinta da parede.  Nós acabamos tirando a maioria, mas ainda tem uma linha laranja para enfeitar a "tela de pintura" de Little L.!

No comments:

Post a Comment